Reduce the risk of Covid 19 and other hazards while letting your children enjoy a safe night of Halloween fun! Make custom facemasks that glow in the dark and follow Covid safety guideline without spoiling the fun.
1. Make a custom decorated mask your child will want to wear! Incorporate a fabric mask with a wicked screen-printed smile into your child’s costume, or if the weather is chilly, consider a gator style mask sporting a design that complements your courageous cougar, prim princess, or spooky skeleton. Choose glow-in-the-dark ink for a super sensational (kid’s love glowing!) safety precaution. You still have time to create the perfect mask to match any costume. Design your own using our easy on-line design tool or have one of our talented artists create the perfect mask for you (at Broken Arrow art services are free). We can ship your masks within just 4 business days from order placement.
2. Give a mask to everyone in your group, including the grown-ups. That way, no one in your child’s posse is left out of the fun or the safety precaution. NOTE: Do not wear typical costume masks on top of fabric masks as this can limit both breathing and visibility.
3. Stay a minimum of six feet apart from other trick-or- treaters. Limit the group you travel with to members of your own household, or at the very most, to two or three friends who are in your social group or school pod.
4. Establish ground rules. Don’t let your children dig around in the neighbor’s candy dish. Decide which houses you plan to visit in advance. Ideally the neighbors who are wearing masks and delivering candy outside of their home are the safest bets.
5. Bring hand sanitizer and make sure everyone uses it before sampling treats. Reapply sanitizer regularly. Encourage and remind children (and adults) to avoid touching their faces.
6. Don’t share props or candy bags. Keep the swords and tiaras from being passed around. Ask each of your children to hold onto their own candy bags.
7. Still not sure trick or treating is for you? The Center for Disease Control offers these alternative Halloween celebration suggestions.
8. ENJOY THE NIGHT! It’s a tough time for everyone now and a little Halloween fun may be just the ticket to bring a little fun back into your lives.
Author: Amber Barz