Customer Spotlight of the Week:
Wesley Woods Camp and Retreat Center
Broken Arrow T-Shirt Printing and Embroidery is proud to make Custom Camp T-shirts for Wesley Woods Camp and Retreat Center
Wesley Woods Camp and Retreat Center is making a positive impact on Iowan’s lives. Wesley Woods’s staff and campers are wearing their custom Camp T-shirts in the photo, above.
For 60 years, Wesley Woods Camp and Retreat Center in Indianola, Iowa has hosted thousands of Iowans annually at camps, outdoor education programs, and ministry retreats. Located on 344 acres overlooking spectacular rolling hills and scenic valleys, the campgrounds are open year-around and provide the perfect place to get away and enjoy the beauty of the Heartland. Retreat goers and campers can choose traditional lodging in cabin-style dorms or adventure outpost camping that includes tents, an original Sears & Roebuck Home, tepees, covered wagons, a farm barn, and a rustic log cabin.
“The non-profit organization offers retreat and camping opportunities ranging from $60 for a day to $410 for a full week,” says Site Director Deke Rider. “Wesley Woods is committed to get everyone to camp that wants to attend, so if cost is an issue, campership opportunities ranging from full rides to partial scholarships are available for those in need.”
Wesley Woods is also proud to host camps and retreats for the non-profit organization Amanda the Panda Grief Center (Broken Arrow also makes custom T-shirts for Amanda the Panda as discussed in a previous blog), whose mission is to bring hope and healing to grieving families across the state.
Depending on the time of year, Wesley Woods’ activities include:
- Canoeing or pontoon rides on Lake Ahquabi
- Swimming in the pool or in Broken Arrow Pond, which includes an aquatic playground
- Team building on the Stormy Hollow low ropes course or the Stormy Heights high ropes course
- Horseback riding lessons and/or trail riding on one of the camp’s 30 resident horses.
- Home cooked meals over the campfire or in the dining hall
- Hiking and stargazing
- Indoor activities including ping pong, pool, foosball, foursquare and table games
- Outdoor games including basketball, volleyball, ultimate Frisbee and soccer.
“Although Wesley Woods is a faith-based ministry of the Methodist Church, camps are open to everyone,” Deke says. “To learn more about Wesley Woods Camp and Retreat Center, please visit the Camp Wesley Woods website (www.wesleywoodsiowa.org) or come to our free open house, which is always on the first Saturday in June from 1 to 8 pm.”