Artwork info for T-Shirt Printing – Screen & Embroidery
Rest Assured – We work with any file type on your custom printing order!
We will take every effort possible to make sure we turn your design into a high quality screen printing or digital print. Digital printing is special so if you are going that route, check out our Digital Artwork Info Page. We can turn even a cheap looking logo into something great, so don’t worry if you don’t have the file types below. When working with artwork for screen printing orders, it is always best to start with as good of file as possible. This helps us retain detail and replicate that detail as best as possible for silk screen t shirt designs. The guidelines below are a great place to start so we can be sure to have the best final printed t-shirt possible.
Vector Artwork is Our Favorite!
We love vector artwork for your screen printing or digital printing orders because we can easily scale your image up to be as big as an all over printing. When you blow it up, it doesn’t pixilate like some the other file types. Vector Art is art that is built (actually drawn) in a vector or object based program such as Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Flash, Corel Draw or Macromedia Freehand. Each object in vector file can be selected and individually manipulated independently from the rest of the image. When providing such files, it is important to convert fonts to curves or create outlines for all text used. When you provide us a file that is not in vector format, we will often times redraw it so we can make it nice and big for a full front but retain clean/neat edges.
Every Other File Type is Accepted too
We know that not all designs can be in vector format, and that’s okay! Some examples include photographic art, scanned sketches, Photoshop created designs, JPEGS and many other file types. These files are okay to provide and we will work with them as best as possible. We always request 300 dpi (dots per inch) at actual size if possible. If you provide a file type that we feel is not a great option for your screen printing order, our professionally trained artists will let your representative know. We will NEVER print anything that would turn out cheap and unprofessional looking.
Broken Arrow Wear accepts vector as well as raster files from the following programs:
Embroidery Artwork Requirements
When we turn you design into a custom embroidery logo, our digitizing team hand places each stitch to create a high quality embroidery product. All we need to create a great embroidery design is something easy enough to show us what your logo or idea is.
Broken Arrow’s Artwork Policy
- Broken Arrow Wear specializes in custom graphic design for our customers. Your artwork belongs to your order. We do not allow others to print or reproduce your designs without your permission.
- All custom artwork created by Broken Arrow is the property of Broken Arrow.
- All custom designs will bear our signature line
- Broken Arrow Wear reserves the right to apply an art charge for excessive revisions.
- Broken Arrow Wear reserves the right to apply an artwork fee for complex artwork. Artwork fees can vary based on design.
- Broken Arrow Wear requires a $50 deposit to begin work on your artwork. this deposit is NON-REFUNDABLE but is applied to the balance of your custom garment order.
- Standard artwork is free with an order. Broken Arrow reserves the right to charge a $50.00 cancellation fee on any order to recoup the costs of completed artwork without an order.
- Broken Arrow does not supply production files including vector, Photoshop and DTS digitized files under any circumstances.
Schools, Logos & Other Important Notes
- References to schools shall be portrayed in a positive or neutral regard. Broken Arrow will not print anything that portrays a negative image about a school. References to a school will not be printed if such references may potentially be perceived as negative towards a school.
- Broken Arrow will not print any offensive gestures, words, and/or graphics if references to a school are made. This includes, but not limited to profanity, alcohol or drug use, or other such illegal activities.
- Broken Arrow will not print any racially motivated or derogatory messages and/or graphics.
- Broken Arrow reserves the right to refuse service. Questionable artwork will not be created or printed.
- If you have any questions or concerns, our Internet team will be at your service just Contact Us and a representative will contact you promptly.