UV Sun Protective Long Sleeve T-Shirts
UVP Sun Protective Polos
Popular UV Sun Protection Items
Custom Sun Protection & UPF Clothing
UPF (Ultraviolet protection factor) clothing is designed to help save your skin from the harmful effects of too much sun.
UPF rated clothing is perfect for athletes, farmers, field, workers, construction workers, roofers, contractors, road workers, workout teams, and more. Choose from our complete collection of sun safe clothing:
- Sun Protection Long Sleeves are designed to feel cool and comfortable even on hot summers days.
- UPF Short Sleeve T-Shirts provide excellent sun protection for your back, tummy, shoulders, chest, and upper arms.
- Fishing & Adventure Shirts is comfortable and stylish while protecting your skin from sun damage and wrinkles.
- UPF Kids & Youth Cothing protects your kiddos while keeping them cool and comfortableUPF rated children's clothing protects your kiddos while keeping them cool and comfortable
- UPF Protective Headwear are necessities for anyone who spends time outdoors. You'll love the comfort and style in this collection.
What Do UPF Clothing Ratings Mean?
- The highest UPF fabric rating is 50+. UPF Clothing with a 50+ rating blocks over 97 percent of ultraviolet radiation.
- The next highest UPF ranges for custom sun protective clothing (UPF ratings of 25, 30 and 35) means that the sun protection is very good, as somewhere between 96 and 97 percent of UV rays are blocked.
- The next UPF rating range (15, 20 or 25) means the sun protection is good, as somewhere between 93 percent and 96 percent of UV radiation is blocked.
Custom SPF clothing or Custom UPF Clothing? What's the difference?
On suntan lotion bottles you'll see the term SPF. SPF stands for sun protection factor, but on clothing the rating is called UPF, which stands for Ultraviolet Protection Factor. This may be because UPF is like SPF except UPF rates protection against both UVA and UVB rays.
- The American Academy of Dermatology recommends putting on suntan lotion to dry skin at least 15 minutes before exposure. With clothing, the protection is instant, but remember, you still need to apply sunscreen to exposed areas, such as your hands, neck, and face.
- Ultraviolet rays penetrate clouds, so wear your UPF rated clothing when you are outside on both sunny and cloudy days. Swim, ski, fish, hike, workout, relax-do you-but protect yourself, your family, your friends, and your colleagues in style with custom UPF clothing from Broken Arrow.